Pod or branch of yellow dragon fruit in Palora
Next, is a study about the yellow dragon fruit of the Central University of Ecuador:
Morphology of the yellow dragon fruit
They are shallow up to about 15 cm deep in the ground. The growth of the roots is parallel to the surface. It develops supporting roots that sprout from the pods and adhere to the dead or alive guardian.
• They are triangular or edges that surround the woody stem.
• They are fleshy, succulent, the size and their color are variable.
• Characteristics used to differentiate the existing types of yellow dragon fruit.
Flowers • They have a tube or trumpet shape.
• They are showy, aromatic, and individual.
• Open between 7pm, staying open all night.
• Its length ranges from 26 cm to 36 cm in diameter; its weight ranges from 138 to 286 g.